Friday, August 21, 2009

Magpie, the Return

I found the magpie again on the way to work. It might even have been the same one, who knows.

Got a few good photos, then a woman came around the corner and I straight for the bird, I was sure for a moment that the bird was about to fly off, but fortunately, it just stayed ahead of the woman, keeping its distance before flying off to the side, so I was able to get more photos after all.


I wonder what people think when they see me taking photos. "What, has he never seen a magpie before? Weirdo". Heh, doesn't stop me appreciating them.

I'm also quite glad the magpies aren't attacking me.


The danger! It's almost palpable.

2 comments:

  1. Just remember to be nice to them. Spring last year I remember there being dozens of articles released about Magpies being able to recognise people - to a degree (masks/different coloured hats fooled them). They generally attacked those who wore the masks/hats of people who were mean and weren't as likely to attack those who previously fed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magpies, and indeed most birds, are a lot smarter than people give them credit for. I wouldn't want to mess with crows and magpies (Magpies being a close relative).

    There's a reason a group of Crows is called a Murder...

    ReplyDelete