Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Trivia at the Pub (1)

Last night, went to the pub for Trivia night, which is always lots of fun.

Managed to do some sketching there. (Because I take paper and a pen everywhere I go)

This is a doodle of Astronoman, my favourite super-hero. Sadly, he is not immune to water soaking into the paper.

Here he is again.

This is when we were trying to figure out where the hell Sudan was, as well as three neighbouring countries. It’s been too long since we’ve studied African geography (Notice how Italy, Greece, Turkey don’t even figure on my quick scribbling. Well, the question was about Africa, so Europe was put in as an afterthought, but still…). This calls for an Atlas!

Nev’s drawing of a man.

Dianne’s drawing of a man.

Their sketches of elephants.

And here was mine. ;)

At this point, I was asked to draw a lion. Along the lines of: “Fine, so you can draw an elephant, but can you draw a lion?”

Having passed this test, a giraffe was called for.

Then portraits. This one of the lovely Dianne.

This was a sketch to explain a funny picture a child had drawn (shown on a blog on the internet with the words “When I grow up, I want to be like Mommy”).

No, it’s not a stripdancer, she works in a department store, and she’s selling a snowshovel. You dirty people!

I’ve been taught a new drawing game, which consists of starting to draw something that looks very rude (i.e. explicit nudity) but turns out to be a drawing of something else. It works better if you can see the drawing being done (or a recording of said process), but here are some finished ones, see if you can tell.

That owl started life as a woman’s posterior, could you tell?

This one was difficult, I tend to draw the nude part without thinking how I’m going to transform it. But I think I pulled it off.

In case you can’t tell, it’s meant to be an elephant eating watermelons or something.

And that was Trivia. We came second! Free drinks for us. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment