Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Easter and Sea Turtles.

Happy Easter and lots of chocolate for everyone.

Still getting back into the habit of drawing something every day, which can be quite difficult since excuses abound aplenty.

When you see animals up here, it’s usually because I’ve only managed to carve out a small niche for sketching and I google whatever animal pops into mind.

In this case, I chose turtles because apart from being an amazing animal, I’ve always found them difficult to draw. A friend has a book with instructions on how to draw them, and reputedly, she now has the ability to draw them perfectly. I’ll just say here that I never once did see that claim put to the test ;). I never did end up looking at that book, either…

Hopefully I’ve managed to capture some of their calm and unhurried grace in these quick sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment