Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Trivia at the Pub (2)

This week, I got to trivia a little early. When I say a little, I mean maybe an hour or so. Sigh. That's what you get when you have to go straight from work (and work is so far away).

Anyway, it gives me a chance to do some sketching.


Was in a medieval mood that night. So knights it was.

This guy is a little more um.. evil. But not too much. Don't want to overdose on the whole blood and slaughter thing.

Then everyone else arrived and I turned, quite frankly, into a drawing monkey. As in "Draw! Monkey, Draw!!".



So, starting in the top left-hand corner, rather than in chronological order, we have a playboy bunny I was asked to draw, then a gryphon, a UFO, which turned into an entire barnhouse scene. And a horse.


After a successful first round, the requests became more complicated.

We had, hieroglyphs, a transformer, a gorilla holding a kitten, a monkey eating a banana, an octopus, Atlas, a male hand holding a baby and then Lucifer (Or Lucy to his buddies. He doesn't have any buddies).


Then the game became as follows. Someone would draw some sort of shape or a few lines and I would have to turn that into a picture. Starting from the top left. The pattern I turned into the hem of a dress. I drew a bird just for fun. A swirl I turned into a snail. A box I turned into a flower-box. Dianne then drew a woman. I drew my version of the woman. A heart squiggle I turned into a t-shirt design. Two squiggles I turned into snakes and then a box I turned into a kite.

Because all the above clearly wasn't challenging enough, I was then asked to draw a complete, anatomically correct human skeleton. Well hey, who'd have thought those times I did exactly that for practice would pay off. Easy and done.

Finally, some shapes that Dianne drew of which I drew 3-D versions (with shading). Lastly, some bottles of wine and rum. Not that alcohol was on my mind or anything, I swear.

That was it for the night. We came third, but because the first two teams tied for first place, we got the 2nd prize. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment