Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Trivia in the Pub (11)

This week, something or other was happening at the theater near the pub. Probably a show or something, since that's usually the type of even that happens at theaters. One could almost say it's their function. In any case, this meant that the pub was busier than normal. We weren't able to grab a normal table, or even group of tables, large enough for our team, so we had to sit at the pool table converted into a table by having a board placed on top of it.

This table is uncomfortable, since your legs cannot fit under it. Anyway, enough griping.

The first thing I was asked to draw was Asterix. There he is top left. Oh no, wait, that's an asterisk. Very different. Then Obelix was requested. It's been years since I'd read any of the comics, so I'm relatively happy with what I managed to recall. Makes me want to go and read them again though. Ah, nostaligia.

I was then asked to draw Tintin. Moderate success here, Milou doesn't look like Milou. Then I drew my friend Dan's head. Couldn't be bothered drawing the rest of him, so it remained a disembodied head, dripping blood, for effect.

Next was a mermaid version of me. Happy to oblige, it's nothing like the Little Mermaid, but that's ok. Continuing the fairy tale theme, Sleeping Beauty, followed by a Picasso rendering of a woman's face. Finally, Rapunzel's tower. A friend then drew her hair and the prince, prepared to rescue her.

Here we have a water nymph. Got into a bit of trouble from the requester for drawing her in a schooner :). Still, was funny at the time, and still is. I was then asked to draw a dryad. Not a problem. The magic of Paint also gets rid of the horrible lines that I couldn't erase on the night. Ah computers, how I love thee...

That was Trivia.

We lost, sadly. We were doing very well until the last all-or-nothing question. "Which author had an asteroid named after them in 2006?" The answer was J. K. Rowling. Who'd have thought? They name asteroids after anyone these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment