Monday, September 14, 2009

Dawn of the Cockatoo

As I ambled to work today, sore throat and nose determined to make me regret getting out of bed, legs beginning to ache as the rest of my body thought it would put its two cents in as well, I saw this fellow:

He (or she, I suppose) just appeared. I was walking, there was no cockatoo. Then there was one. Perfectly hidden by the telegraph pole, I only saw the bird when I was only one or two meters away, which was pretty cool. Normally they're in groups as well, so it was a nice chance to take photos.

I did have to actually go to work though, which meant walking until the cockatoo decided I was too close and flew away. Not that far though, just to the nearest antenna, to have a look around.

And finally, a nice profile shot.

Bye bye, lonely cockatoo. You're nice and quiet when you aren't surrounded by twenty of your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment